The religious education provided at Northwold follows the locally agreed syllabus for Hackney.
- To enable every pupil to explore the questions of meaning and purpose which arise from experiences
- To develop pupils’ knowledge and understanding of religions
- To promote awareness, respect and sensitivity for the traditions of own and other beliefs
- To provide opportunities for the enhancement of pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development
- Every half term each year group focuses on a different aspect of the six major religions of the world.
- Every year group visits a place of worship, therefore by the end of Year 6 every pupil would have visited a place of worship for each of the six major religions of the world.
- The whole school comes together to celebrate special events in the religious calendar, throughout the year.